Friday 16 May 2014

LIFE IN THE CAPITAL


Written by- Manvi Soni, B.Com Hons. 

“Life happens to us when we are busy doing something else.”

Delhi- the incredible part of our incredible India. A happening city, where life seems to be never ceasing. Being a native of DEHRADOON, the “DOON VALLEY” is just a paradox to the capital of the nation. And this is exactly what I felt when I de-boarded my train on the NEW Delhi RAILWAY STATION. I could hear unintelligible voices and could view people of all shapes, types and of course sizes.

 All this was so different from what I had known but there was something that attracted me to this promising city. And that had to be THE Delhi UNIVERSITY. Just the name DU says it all. The journey of my life has always been full of ups and downs and it had always been an unpredictable one. Scoring 91.5% in my board exams was a dream come true and made me feel like the conqueror of the world. But destiny has its own ways and means. The much known centralized system of Delhi UNIVERSITY was eradicated and the so called CUT OFF SYSTEM was opted. Nevertheless the cut offs were traumatizing. Personally speaking it was hard for me to get a decent college and that too with B.COM HONS. After landing up in this never sleeping city, I could see a lot of students like me who were struggling for the same issue. I was at least fortunate enough to secure a seat in the university.


Talking of the truth, BHARATI COLLEGE was something I had never thought of. My opinion was a total negative one. Obviously a candidate with a decent score would at least expect a seat in the top ten colleges. But it just took around two months and my opinion changed drastically. Believe me; the faculty includes people and scholars from all prestigious colleges. On the very first day my perception took a turn. Where all my friends who were able to join good colleges sacrificed their streams or courses, I opted for my desired course and saw the positive side.

I feel lucky to not to have faced the hassles of life that most of my friends went through. I was blessed with so many relevant factors. My bond with my new independent and confident life was getting stronger.
This city has taught me a lot and as I was told by someone that Delhi teaches you and gives you a lot of exposure and I surely felt all this. I have learn to feel satisfied with whatever I have and whatever life has to offer. I personally feel that one should never complain as life always compensates for things not received. Start living life and not begging from it each time.

“HAR KISI KO MUQQADAR JAHAN NAHI MILTA,
KISI KO ZAMEEN TO KISI KO AASMAAN NAHI MILTA...”


About Manvi- 
Hailing from Dehradun, Manvi is an excellent student who likes to work hard and is enjoying her college life. Like any Non- Delhi student, she has come to terms with the city and believes that Delhi has made her independent despite all the problems she has faced. 
Tell us if you can relate to her !

No comments:

Post a Comment